Focus - Publication Standards and Guidelines
- Montana Library Focus is published by the Montana Library Association as its official vehicle for communications. It is published six times a year in the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December. The deadline for submission of material follows:
January 20 for the February issue
March 20 for the April issue
May 20 for the June issue
July 20 for the August issue
September 20 for the October issue
November 20 for the December issue
- Send submissions of reports, news releases, or features to: Focus Editor
- Submissions in electronic copy are preferred. Acceptable formats include .doc, .docx, .pdf, .tiff and .jpeg. If an electronic copy cannot be emailed to the editor, a copy may be submitted, via post, on a CD. If no disk copy can be sent, please submit text in clean, scan able copy. Use facsimile only upon request from the editor.
- Reports should cover the business of MLA committees, divisions, or interest groups; for example, meetings, activities, announcements, upcoming events. As a general guideline, keep reports to 700 words or less. Please contact the editor prior to submitting any report significantly longer than this.
- News releases are brief announcements of interest to Montana librarians, but not related to official MLA business; for example, personnel news, grants received, programs held, new services offered. News releases should be 500 words or less.
- Features are any article-length (1000 plus words) essay, discussion, interview, research paper, or other form of expository writhing. Please submit complete manuscript or contact the editor for details.
- In general, writing in the third person is preferred for reports and news releases.
All manuscripts must be double-spaced with wide margins. Indicate your name, address, affiliation, and phone number. For other stylistic or formatting guidelines, refer to the Chicago Manual of Style, 13th edition.