TITLE: Past President (See also, Nominations Committees)
The Past President assists the current President in facilitating the development,
promotion and improvement of library and information services and the profession of
librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all.
- Seek fresh input and promote growth of the organization while establishing continuity
from one administration to the next
- Develop association leaders and encourage newer members to take leadership roles
- Maintain members’ energetic interest in the organization
- Be available to the new President for advice and counsel
- Advise the new Board of Directors of actions of the preceding Board
- Serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee
TIMELINE: also see Nominations for timelines.
JUNE -Assumes office of Past President and attends Leadership Retreat and Board meeting
JUNE – Reviews and makes needed revisions to job/duties and responsibilities
OCTOBER – Contacts Nominating Committee members
OCTOBER – Attends Board Meeting
JANUARY – Attends Board meeting
APRIL – Attend Annual Conference
APRIL – Attend Conference Board meeting
MAY– Annual report due
*Refer to Nominating and Communication Committee’s for their timelines.
Assists the Board in transition from one business year to the next. Provides advice and counsel to the President and Board as needed; assists in making sure any unfinished business from previous year is carried over and completed; attends Board meetings; attends the annual business meeting at conference and any other special meetings as directed by the president; participates in conference activities; serves as Chair of the Nominating Committees.
Updated July 2015
Updated January 2018