TITLE: Chair, Mentoring Committee
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide “professional collaboration” between new and existing librarians though frequent email messages, reviews of teaching and learning, information access and program administration process.
GOALS and OBJECTIVES:
- Mentors will assist, guide and coach toward skill level improvement
- Foster knowledge sharing to increase the level of competency and experience.
- Promote learning through various methods of instructing, coaching, providing experiences, modeling and advising.
- Provide personal experiences that will lead to continuous learning and develop leadership skills.
- Mentors will demonstrate a desire to help, share positive experiences, have time and energy to guide mentees, have up-to-date technological knowledge and skills, provide effective coaching, counselling, facilitating and networking skills.
Updated January 2018